Joanie's Place

My little corner of the world to show off my handicrafts-my knitting, cross stitch, crocheting, needlepoint and any other craft I enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Corning, New York, United States

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What a lazy weekend it was....

The only thing I did all weekend was to work on my Hardanger project. There is a major oops on the placement on my material....i'm off on one end....lack 4 stitches of room for the blanket stitching. What I am doing is not kosher....i'm doing the only thing possible. I am doing the edge blanket stitching on the selvage edge. You can hardly tell that is what I am doing after cutting off the waste. Luckily it is only on the 4 peaks of the diamonds that I have to do. After all this work, there is no way I am going to tear off stitches and narrow the design.

Actually it was a nice way to spend a few days off. But, my knitting and cross stitching have really been getting impatient with me!!!!!

Monday morning I had to go to the hospital and bring my father home. He is 83 years old and fell at his house, 13 fractures in his face. He had to have surgery on one eye socket so that it would stay in position. Dad is extremely weak, but in much better shape than when he went in. At least at the hospital he would eat 3 meals. When he is at home the temperature of the house is in the mid 80's. He doesn't want to pay the electric to run the whole house AC. But, when it is that warm all he does is sleep, and never seems to be hungry. His weight has dropped tremendously. This is a man that was always overweight as in beer gut! He is now thin as a rail.

I'm at the office eating lunch again (like I need any food???). Bruce has brought me some paperwork...so I do have billing to do. Than I have to pay some bills here also.

Boy, is this boring or what? I really want to get in the habit of blogging at least every couple days, even if I don't have much to write about. I'm thinking this might be interesting to my boys sometime in the future. Kinda like learning more about how I ticked!!!!

Have a good day everyone.

Joanie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home