Joanie's Place

My little corner of the world to show off my handicrafts-my knitting, cross stitch, crocheting, needlepoint and any other craft I enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Corning, New York, United States

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

It has been so long.....

Wow, I can't beleive how long it has been since I blogged anything. Recently a neat knitting thing called Ravelry has come out and I've decided that I must write here more often, so that if I post this blog at my site, I won't feel so embarrassed about the few entries.

Let's see......let me catch up first.

My Chatelaine Christmas mystery ended up in the UFO basket. I got to the specialty stitches that I had to do to get to the next section and Just COULD NOT figure them out. I even had pictures to show me the way!!!!!! Someday I will pick it up again. Spent too much money not to finish.

Finished my Forest Canopy Shawl. As I thought it is definitely too small for me. Don't want to pull out the edging and increase the size, so it will definitely be a present for the future.

Have finished several washcloths and a baby kimono from the Mason Dixon book. They came out great. Have several more items I would like to do some day.

Let's see........next...............Christmas afghan never got started. Did a couple blocks on the knitted afghan and decided I didn't like the way it was coming out, so I frogged the whole thing.

Instead I started an afghan in the round. Actually Mary Jeanne's daughter started it for me. Had to start on dpn's and I just could not get the hang of it. She did several rows, then I took over and switched to circular needles as fast as I could. It is really starting to get big and NICE!!!! I think my husband's Aunt will love this.

I have purchased the yarn to make a baby sweater. It is the same one that Stephanie Pearl McPhee knit a few of a couple months ago. I got the girls version. Have not started on it, probably won't until this winter. Want to get a few other projects done first.

Tomorrow I will try to post again about the rest of the things I have in the cue and also working on.


Have a great day tomorrow everyone and anyone who might read this.

Joanie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home