Joanie's Place

My little corner of the world to show off my handicrafts-my knitting, cross stitch, crocheting, needlepoint and any other craft I enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Corning, New York, United States

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Catch up day 2

Well, it is now Tuesday. More on my updating.

Several months ago my friend AnneMarie gave me a hardanger kit that our friend Kitty had started and never finished. Kitty has passed away and AnneMarie had to go thru everything and find good homes for as much of the needlework as she could. Anyway, I've been spending a lot of time working on the kloster blocks, which is part 1 of the pattern. I made it a little larger because the piece of material was so much larger than it needed to be. It is really starting to look very nice.

We had our stitching Tuesday at the Big Flats Community Center today and I worked on that project for most of the time, of course, I also spent time frogging after I found myself off 1 stitch after doing a 16 kloster block square. Got it redone before I left.

All the girls in this get together are great. Linda, Debbie and Carol almost always bring quilting projects. Debbie and Carol love to do all the complicated patterns. They always come out absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Ann Marie and Betty also do some quilting, but they also knit and do cross stitch. Ann G. does a little of everything. And me, I usually have my knitting, hardanger or cross stitch with me.

I have almost all the tools to do quilting now, but for the most important of all, the material! I find with a few other hobbies, seems I never have enough money to actually go and buy material. We have a great quilting shop in Watkins Glen, O' Susannah's. Been there several times oogling all the beautiful fabrics.

Tonight after posting i'm going to get back to my current cross stitch project. Miss December, a Dyan Allaire design i'm doing for a friend, have 4 pages done, have to keep working so I can do some things I want to do.

While stitching I usually have my earphones on with my ipod and knitting podcasts or watching movies on my mini dvd player. I LOVE both of these products. Makes me feel I'm not wasting time doing only 1 thing at a time.

Enough for tonight, want to get stitching.

Have a great evening everyone in blogland.

Joanie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home