Joanie's Place

My little corner of the world to show off my handicrafts-my knitting, cross stitch, crocheting, needlepoint and any other craft I enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Corning, New York, United States

Friday, August 10, 2007

Thank God it is Friday

I'm sitting here at my office desk, eating my lunch and decided I needed a diversion from horns. Blasting, squeaking, tinny, melodic, noisy and overall too many horn blasts. You see, a major employer in my office area is on strike. One of the main entrances to their place is just outside my front door. I sit only 6 feet from my front door. And, I am SICK of the sound of car and truck horns. The on strike guys and gals are waving at every vehicle with signs that say honk if you support us!!!!! You know what, at first I was ok with them being out there and trying to make a better living, but, my patience is almost at the end. I leave every day now with a headache. This strike is going to be a loooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggggg one. They are so far apart in their talks. Guess I better buy a huge bottle of aspirin.

For the last two nights I have been working on my hardanger project. Almost done with part 1, the kloster blocks, should be able to start on the buttonhole stitching tonight. This will take a while too. If I do say so myself, it is looking pretty darn good.

Have not done any knitting since Monday night. Going to go to a knitting shop here in Corning sometime this afternoon. Need to get a pkg. of needle protectors which will actually stay on. I bought some hard plastic ones several months ago, and they won't even stay on the needles in the bag. I'm looking for the rubber ones, I used to see them on my Mom's needles all the time. Wish me much luck .

It is finally the weekend. Don't have any plans for it at the moment, but our boat really needs a good cleaning. We got it in the water late, and never got a chance to clean it. Sometimes I wonder why we got one. Now, we do live on the lake year round, but my husband works hard and is usually very tired when he gets home. The last thing he wants to do on a hot day is go out on the boat . He wants to hit the airconditioned house and chill out, no pun intended. Most of the days I agree with him, but I work in an air conditioned office all day. Guess I should just take my dog Brandy and head out as soon as I get home. I worry that I will somehow get myself out in the middle of the lake and it will break down or run out of gas.

I think maybe this weekend will be a canvas project weekend. I can take my work out on my deck, with a tall glass of whatever sounds good and work away. Gotta talk Bruce into putting up the awning so I can stay out even if the sun starts blasting away. This weekend is also a major race weekend at the track, so there won't be a whole lot of boaters and fisherpeople. Notice I included the women there too. I also love to fish, but didn't get my liscence this year. The weeds are so bad that I hate to constantly pull them off my hook. I don't even know if the fish can see the hook, the weeds are that bad. And swim?, not me with the weeds grabbing at my legs all the time. Seems a shame to have this beautiful lake and not being able to use it to any potential. So, canvas work project it is.

Have a good weekend everyone, anyone?????

Joanie R

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home