Joanie's Place

My little corner of the world to show off my handicrafts-my knitting, cross stitch, crocheting, needlepoint and any other craft I enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Corning, New York, United States

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

And it is still raining

Well, here it is, Wednesday and it is still raining off and on.
Our roof started leaking in a couple places. We knew we would have to replace it in the next couple years, but the rainstorm moved up the date a bit. We had about 3 inches of water on the surface ground at one point. The lake went up a lot!!!!!! Some of the unlucky people down the road had their docks come apart and start floating away. No loose boats that I could see. The lake above us got so much water in it in such a short period of time, that the green stuff (grunge,mold, whatever it is) and the loose logs and timbers came floating down into our lake. A lot of it ended up in front of our place. It looks disgusting, we are going to have to work on it this weekend.
As for my knitting, I ended up not doing a single stitch on it. I started my canvas project and got addicted to how it was coming out. I also did work on my Christmas Mystery cross stitch sampler. I decided to set aside the specialty stitches for now and just work on the easy cross stitching. I was a much happier camper.
Well, guess that is all for tonight. I'm a little tired and still have to do some laundry.
Happy stitching and knitting everyone!
Joanie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home