Joanie's Place

My little corner of the world to show off my handicrafts-my knitting, cross stitch, crocheting, needlepoint and any other craft I enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Corning, New York, United States

Friday, August 17, 2007

Decisions, decisions

Ok, here is the skinny.

I have been working on a hardanger project for a few months off and on. Since we went on a RV trip a few weeks ago, I have have been working on it a lot. Well, here is where the decision comes......I took out my project into the sun after work on Thursday night, and just about fainted. The whites are 2 different colors of white, and I had not noticed it until it was bright outside. So much for my special light by my chair which is supposed to make colors more realistic for me. Now, normally I would tear it out, because I just can't stand non perfection. But, a little more than half is a bright white and the other half a dull white. They both said DMC perle coton 5 on them and I never noticed the difference in shading. What to do, what to do!!!!!!

I'm considering this. The design was supposed to be all white and elegant. I'm thinking that if I use a variegated or a couple different colors that it might help deaden the bright white. These colors would be accent only. Put in the area all around that is the center sections between the kloster blocks and blanket stitch edging. Going to have to think about this some. Definitely going to finish this somehow, some way!

The weekend is here again...housework for me for tomorrow. Have to vacuum the whole house and clean the bathrooms. Have to take trash and recycling to the recycling center. Sometime this weekend I need to get some groceries. Have put this off for a few weeks now, cupboards are getting very bare. So, i'm off to check the grocery ads and see which area i'm going to go to...Corning or Watkins Glen.

If anyone reads this....I would love your opinion on what to do with the hardanger.

Joanie R.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home