Joanie's Place

My little corner of the world to show off my handicrafts-my knitting, cross stitch, crocheting, needlepoint and any other craft I enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Corning, New York, United States

Friday, May 15, 2009

May and it is beautiful outside

Have just been going thru some blogs and decided to stop here for a visit.

I've been knitting up a storm. I am doing a cabled shawl with pockets for a friends wife who has cancer. I don't really like pale pink which is the current cancer symbol color. I'm doing it in Mauve which is really pretty. I have the pattern memorized, so it is easy to do now. Still have to mark down the rows though I'm planning on doing this pattern again, it is so pretty. I'm using a yarn that is 25 % wool and 75 % acrylic. Have not been having any trouble working with it, thank goodness.

I AM going to get my camera out shortly and get some updates on some of my work. Several of the designs previously posted have much more done on them. I'm also working on my Sister Sue's wedding design. It is only 4,5,6???? years overdue. Don't have a whole lot more to do on it...better get moving faster. She is going to be in our area in a little over a month, would be nice to be able to give it to her then.

Well, back to work.....

Joanie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home